Engineered especially for commercial vehicle applications like trucks and buses, the ROADSTAR range of batteries has the advantage of features like:
Engineered especially for commercial vehicle applications like trucks and buses and four-wheeler applications like cars and SUVs, the ROADSTAR range of batteries has the advantage of features like:
You should check the electrolyte level of your truck battery every 3 months. If the level is near or below the MIN line, then it needs to be topped-up with distilled water. Due care needs to be taken to ensure that the distilled water is filled until it touches the MIX line and not further.
In case of any emergency or assistance, you may reach out to us using our toll-free number 09213100000 or 18004198888, TGY channel partner, or via e-mail.
You may get your bus battery serviced through our channel partners or at our retailer points.
Our batteries are designed to operate under all tropical climatic conditions. As the temperature drops (that is less than -10°C), the chemical reaction in the bus battery slows down and the fluids begin to freeze. This reduces the power capacity of the batteries that are responsible for starting the vehicle. Meanwhile, excessive heat (that is more than 50°C) leads to evaporation of the battery’s fluids which causes corrosion. On our website, you can browse through our bus and commercial vehicle batteries that are available at a reasonable price.
You need to be very careful while handling your truck or bus batteries. Always follow precautionary measures like wearing gloves, glasses, while maintaining a safe distance from metal parts, and other safety guidelines as listed by the manufacturer. On this website, you can check out our bus batteries and other commercial vehicle batteries.
The best way to ensure a longer lifespan for your truck or bus battery is to follow a regular battery maintenance schedule. Include simple practices like cleaning the battery terminals, keeping the battery adequately charged, and protecting it from extreme weather conditions. Tata Green Batteries’ truck batteries are equipped with a greater amount of active material to ensure a longer lifespan.
Our batteries are extremely safe as they are created using GS-YUASA’s patented design that boasts world-class technology.
Generally, a 12 volt battery is used in a truck. But in some cases, a 24 volt battery can also be used.
In the case of commercial vehicle batteries, one cannot determine its exact lifespan as it depends on several factors like maintenance and usage to name a few. However, on average, a truck battery lasts for approximately ~2-3 years. Tata Green Batteries’ truck batteries are designed to have a long lifespan and come with a warranty period of 24 months.
The batteries manufactured for a commercial vehicle take into consideration their heavy-duty application, uses, and the number of charging and discharging cycles. Hence, they are different from two-wheeler or four-wheeler batteries.
A commercial vehicle may run on a wet-celled battery or an AGM battery. Sometimes, heavy duty vehicles are connected to an additional battery to provide higher power for heavier loads. On this website, you can take a look at the prices of our bus and truck batteries.
Diesel trucks exhibit higher resistance and almost double the compression ratio. That is why, they require a greater amount of power to crank the engine and are equipped with two batteries to provide additional power. Tata Green Batteries offer a wide range of commercial vehicle batteries including truck and bus batteries.
The number of bus batteries depends on whether it has a 12 volt or 24 volt electrical system. In the case of a 12 volt system, a single battery is required whereas in a 24 volt system, two batteries are needed.
A bus battery usually weighs between 28 kgs to 56 kgs depending on the vehicle and battery model.
On average, a truck battery needs to be replaced once in about two to three years. However, the lifespan of your truck battery will depend on your usage and maintenance practices. But there are certain signs that indicate a dying battery. Look for the following signs to know when your truck battery might need to be replaced:
• Slow start – If you find that your truck takes a little longer to start, chances are your battery is damaged and will need to be replaced.
• Electronics not working – If your truck’s headlight seems to be dull or if there’s an issue with any of the electronics, it’s probably because your truck battery is nearing the end of its lifespan.
• A distorted battery case – If the case of your truck battery seems out of shape, it’s probably damaged due to extreme weather conditions.
• A bad smell – If there’s a gas leak from your truck battery, it’ll leave a pungent smell. This indicates that your battery has been damaged and will need to be replaced.
Besides this, if your truck battery lasts for more than 4 years, maybe you should get it replaced before it breaks down.
• Specifications – The configuration of the battery must be suitable to the structure and requirements of your truck, otherwise it could end up damaging the ignition system of your vehicle.
• Cold cranking amps (CCA) – CCA determines the ability of the battery to start the vehicle in cold temperatures. A higher CCA indicates that the truck battery is reliable and can endure cold weather.
• Reserve capacity (RC) – In the case of alternator failure, RC indicates the time period up to which the battery can power the electronics of your truck before the voltage starts falling.
Our truck battery prices are very affordable. You can buy our truck batteries online.
If your commercial vehicle ever breaks down while on the road, here’s what you can do about it:
• Turn the steering – If you are unable to turn the keys of your truck, chances are that the steering wheel has been ignition-locked. Try to move the steering wheel while turning the keys.
• Start the ignition – When you turn on the ignition, pay attention to the sound. If you hear a clicking sound but the car won’t start, it is highly likely that it’s a battery issue. Check to see if your battery is properly connected.
• Jump starting – One of the best ways to start a dead battery is to jump start your vehicle. Jump starting is a method wherein a dead battery is charged by supplying power from a working vehicle. You’ll need jumper cables to establish the connection.
Alternatively, you may reach out to the nearest Tata Green Batteries’ facility. We provide various commercial vehicle batteries, including bus and truck batteries.
• Lead-acid batteries – These are one of the most popularly used truck batteries. They are cost-effective and can provide an adequate amount of power. Such batteries contain an electrolyte solution that needs to be topped up from time to time.
• Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) – These batteries utilize a glass sheet to suspend the electrolyte. This structure of the battery facilitates improved charge and discharge rate. That means it can be recharged faster and hold the charge for longer.
• Lithium-ion batteries – Lithium-ion batteries are specifically used in electric vehicles. They are lightweight, small and can store more energy than other batteries.